One of the many impacts of COVID-19 has been the need to take necessary steps to stop the delivery of ‘routine’ first aid and CPR training courses.
To ensure the safety of candidates and trainers, Life Saving Victoria (LSV) has been working on a range of delivery methods and resource adjustments to address these challenges.
LSV is now able to offer both accredited CPR (HLTAID001) and accredited First Aid (HLTAID003) courses to essential workers who are required to hold these important qualifications.
The revised delivery model leverages existing online learning resources, with a revised ‘classroom’ session which enables the trainer to be remote and the candidates to be on-site, but in separate and appropriate spaces. Key considerations include reduced course sizes (4 to 8), increased screen breaks and the provision of equipment on a per candidate basis.
The LSV team are confident that candidates will experience the same high-quality training service, provided in a flexible manner which gives them the vital skills required to save a life.
Please note courses are restricted to ‘essential’ workers and workplaces.
- Group course booked at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9676 6950;
- Booking confirmation and candidate enrolment instructions sent;
- Candidates enrol online and complete online learning and theory assessment;
- Course equipment (1:1 ratio) delivered to site;
- Training and assessment activities delivered via Microsoft Teams (webinar software);
- Course processed; and
- Equipment collected from site
Client / Candidate considerations:
- Appropriate space required for screen and practical training / assessment activities;
- Access to a laptop (recommended) / desktop / mobile device necessary for each candidate including access to a webcam from that device;
- Device (above) must be internet enabled with access to candidate emails;
- All Government COVID-19 recommendations must be adhered to; and
- Standard LSV training Code of Practice provisions apply
LSV has also begun work on a further course adaptation, which will enable anybody to book into and complete an accredited CPR (HLTAID001) and / or First Aid (HLTAID003) course from their own home at their own convenience.
This course would not be limited to essential workplaces and workers and will once again enable any member of the Victorian community or workforce to learn vital lifesaving skills and technique from your home or workplace.
It is anticipated that this course will be available in approximately two weeks.