With the recent release of the SwimSafe program now being rolled out in over 75 public aquatic facilities, LSV’s Pool Safety team hosted a ‘train-the-trainer’ workshop for people leaders in accredited SwimSafe facilities.
The workshop covered:
- Research methods and results for the campaign
- A Q&A panel with the managers of the facilities who participated in the trial
- The compliance alignment of the campaign
- The campaign limitations
- An action plan for delivering a successful campaign
- A workshop activity on how to train staff in delivering key safety messages
- An introduction to the member resource area and resources
At the end of the workshop, participants were armed with an action plan and an engagement plan to go out and deliver this critical public safety campaign for adult vulnerable swimmers.