LSV, Commercial Aquatics and Aquatic One have partnered to deliver a free template document for industry to assist them in meeting their compliance objectives. The development of the plan follows formal requests from LSV’s Aquatic Industry Community Issue Based Working Groups. The document aims to assist facility owners and operators in complying with the recent Water quality guidelines for public aquatic facilities released by the Department of Health and Human Services.
The plan follows the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2019 (Vic) and the Guidelines for water quality in public aquatic facilities and has been developed by the same expert content writers and consultants that have developed the Aquatic Technical Operator course provided by LSV.
The plan aims to:
- Provide a structured approach to maintaining public health risks in public aquatic facilities;
- Be an educational tool for facility management and aquatic facility operators, by highlighting expectations, specific rules, regulations and procedures;
- Support the provision of a safe aquatic environment by highlighting hazards associated with water quality;
- Enable an enjoyable experience for patrons and staff at the aquatic facility;
- Support the adherence to regulatory and compliance obligations:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic)
- Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2019 (Vic)
- Water quality guidelines for public aquatic facilities – managing public health risks 2019
- Standards Australia: ISO31000:2018 – Risk management guidelines
The plan also contains a risk assessment template with key risk events identified and has been designed to integrate seamlessly with the Water quality guidelines.
*Following recent consultation with DHHS, LSV has become aware that DHHS is also planning to release a template document in the coming weeks. LSV will work with DHHS to ensure aquatic facilities have an industry-contextualised single-template and will likely review this template with DHHS. So stay posted for a version 2.
The plan will be available from Monday 16/03/2020 here: https://lsv.com.au/pool-safety-services/swimming-pool-resources/