- Would you like to deliver recognised Community Awards such as Resuscitation and RLSSA Bronze Medallion on behalf of Life Saving Victoria?
- Have you been looking for a flexible way to deliver the RLSSA Bronze Medallion within your timetables across the school term?
- Would your students like a pathway into a career in aquatic safety?
What is the Community Awards Program?
The recently launched LSV Community Awards Program, previously referred to as the LSV Service Member program, focusses on awareness, knowledge and skills associated with water safety, resuscitation and emergency care. The awards are designated into pathways ensuring LSV enable you to cater to a range of students with varying ages and abilities. An image of the Bronze Pathway is included below. From new arrivals to industry professionals, these non-accredited awards will assist in creating better prepared and more resilient Victorian Communities and a better equipped Aquatic Industry workforce.
What does the Community Award Program include?
Memberships can be purchased annually or two-yearly when applying to deliver the courses being offered.
- LSV provide the resources required for each award or workshop including PowerPoints, practical scenarios, theory questions and key criteria (resources pictured).
- Each member can select up to six strands of awards to deliver within one membership.
- LSV will issue certificates and send them directly to each student and the nominated school.
- Student recognition may include a patch, medallion and certificate for those completing full courses.
- Discounts on accredited training with Life Saving Victoria state-wide are provided across the year.
- The Swimming and Lifesaving Manual is available for purchase in addition to the membership in LSVs online shop, click here. This highlights the current teachings and practices
- A small award fee applies for each certificate issued. A full list of award fees are available here
Am I qualified?
To apply to deliver LSV Community Awards you will need;
- Your current teaching qualification such as your Bachelor Degree in Education or VIT Registration
- The accredited qualification required for the strands being delivered such as Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) or the Pool Lifeguard Skill Set (SISSS00111).
There are a range of other options depending on your preferred selection of strands to deliver, please click here to review the application form and any requirements. If you are keen to apply, please don’t hesitate to submit your completed application form with all relevant attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org