Life Saving Victoria continued to build the leadership competencies of its female membership with the recent Female Leadership Network (FLN) Business Boot Camp Extension Program, a 2-day strategic leadership initiative to build capacity of women within the LSV ranks.
“We had a great response to the 2016 and 2017 Business Boot Camp Board Ready Programs and the extension program built on that success,” says Emma Atkins, LSV’s General Manager People. “It was aimed at previous participants of the Board Ready programs, as well as emerging female leaders within lifesaving who currently sit on an executive group or board.”
Limited to 25 participants, the program included:
- An interactive panel exploring how effective leaders can improve board and organisational outcomes and performance, delivered by Director of Community Engagement at Caulfield Grammar School, Bronwen Young.
- A decision-making workshop delivered by LSV President Tom Mollenkopf, discussing how Board’s make informed decisions and how this affects organisational outcomes.
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) Modules including:
- Introduction to Financial Statements for Directors,
- Introduction to the Strategic Role of the Director, and
- Risk: Issues for Directors module presentations.
LSV continues to strive to establish greater diversity within the organisations leadership ranks to gain access to increased levels of intellectual capability, alternative insights and different ways of thinking and solving problems.
“One of LSV’s aims is to increase capabilities and accessibility for females at both Club and State levels to take on leadership roles, particularly as we move towards mandatory board quotas for female representation by 2019,” says Emma. “I’m pleased to see more and more females striving for leadership roles, and by the representation at the Boot Camp, it looks like we will be in very good hands.”
LSV encourages those with aspirations to be on an Executive or Board to consider a future FLN Business Boot Camp experience and other opportunities for workshops and events throughout the year. Keep your eyes on the LSV website for events to come.